This is not exactly the post I had in mind for today, but I’m more than happy to change my plans on this particular occasion. You see, on Friday I was pleasantly surprised to find out that one of our fellow bloggers, scriptorobscura, has read our blog and liked it enough to think that we deserve a Stylish Blogger Award! Thank you so much, I am honoured to receive it and happy to pass it on to some of my favourite blogs.
I’ve encountered different interpretations of what acceptance of this award involves. Some say that you should pass it on to 15 other blogs, others reduce the number to just 7. Since I’m relatively new to blogging, I honestly don’t think that I will be able to list 15 blogging friends just yet, but I’ll do my best to reach 10. I also don’t know if I should only choose blogs that are dog or pet-related. However, since there are a few blogs that operate in a difference niche to mine but are very close to my heart, I’ll just assume that I am free to pass this award on to whoever I want.
Apparently, I am also supposed to share some personal information about us. Well, here it is (don’t expect any dark secrets!):
1. George is my first ever dog and the baby of the family.
2. He will be three on 19 August, and is a Leo like his dad.
3. Although he is now a proper city whippet, George was born on a posh farm in beautiful Hampshire.
4. It took us 3 hours to drive down there to pick him up.
5. George hates water more than anything else. He won’t get anywhere near the sea, a river, or even a puddle. He’s got used to walking in the rain, though.
6. Our major hobbies and interests as a family include gardening, growing our own, home-made food and trying to lead a self-sufficient life based on traditional values. All this is documented on City Smallholder, a blog written mainly by Dad, but to which we are more than happy to contribute whenever we get the chance.
Now that I’ve fulfilled my obligations and you know a bit more about us, we’ve come to the most exciting part of this post: the Awards Ceremony.
So, the Stylish Blogger Award goes to:
Congratulations everyone, you all deserve it! Thank you for your interesting posts, your inspiration and your friendship.